In modern progressive era, energy has become extremely essential for sustaining domestic lives and commercial activities. What the world needs is availability of a stable and sustainable energy source at an affordable price.
So far our energy requirements have been revolving around dominant energy from fossil fuels like coal, oils and natural gas. Realizing that fossil fuels will not last forever, world is looking towards using non-fossil fuels like renewable energy from sources like sun, wind and water besides nuclear power.
Popular among renewable energies, solar energy has been identified as most useful and being easily accessible is obviously preferred.
Maui being one of the most visited tourist centre requires a lot of constant and regular source of electricity and other form of renewable energy and can be a good business opportunity for a solar energy company Maui.
WikiWiki Solar & Electric is a renowned solar energy company Maui that is equipped with latest technologies to convert solar energy into electricity and other solar energy systems.
Solar energy and technologies
Solar energy is the energy from sun that is created by nuclear fusion taking place in the sun. It is a renewable energy that is created through sunlight reaching earth as visible light and infrared radiation which is transformed or converted into electricity with the help of solar panels.
Using solar technologies, solar energy is harnessed for various domestic, commercial and industrial uses. The solar technologies can help generating electricity, providing light, creating a comfortable interior environment and heating water for daily use.
The primary solar technologies used for converting or harnessing energy from sun into electricity include:
- Photovoltaic (PV) that directly convert light to electricity. Most modern solar cells are made from either crystalline silicon or thin-film semiconductor material.
- Concentrating solar power (CSP), which uses thermal energy which is concentrated with the help of mirrors from the sun to drive utility-scale, engines and run electric turbines that create electricity
- Solar heating and cooling (SHC) systems, which like Concentrating solar power (CSP), collect thermal energy to provide hot water for homes, commercial establishments, heating swimming pool water use and help air heating or conditioning in a given space.
Benefits of Solar energy
Sun light being available in abundance can easily replace fossil fuels which have been proved harmful for the environment.
Burning of fossil fuel that come from decomposition of plants adversely affect the environment as they release carbon dioxide and other gases called greenhouse gases. These greenhouse gases are trapped in the atmosphere of earth and accounts for climatic changes especially global warming.
Hence use of solar energy is beneficial for humankind as it is renewable, free and also reduces energy bills besides being clean, it is absolutely safe.
Uses of solar energy
Solar thermal technologies are used for various purposes such as:
- Water heating
- Solar heating in the swimming pool
- Space heating, cooling and ventilation
- Water treatment and Solar thermal desalination
- Electric production
- Agriculture and horticulture
- Architecture and urban planning
- Energy storage Charging batteries through photo-electric panels
- Drying laundry
When you decide to buy solar energy saving products, contact WikiWiki Solar & Electric -the most referred and technologically driven Solar Energy Company Maui.